Breakfast Egg Muffins
Updated: Dec 20, 2018
These are a favorite at my house ad we made them on a Facebook live for our Tuesday Let’s Get Cookin’ segment on my nutrition page. You can watch the LIVE here!
Sausage Egg Muffins
- 6 hole muffin tin
- 6 eggs
- Shredded cheddar
- 1/4 lb of Smoked sausage cut into medallions
- Salt and pepper to taste (You can also use shredded chicken, shrimp, or any protein that you like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of each section with a layer of sausage (5 medallions).
- Then sprinkle shredded cheddar on the sausage.
- Crack one egg into each tin section.
- Add salt and pepper to taste on the top and then bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the yolks are at your desired consistency.
- Runnier yolks 12-15 minutes and harder yolks would be 17-20 minutes.
You can always add veggies to this recipe as desired!
Veggie Egg Muffins
- 6 hole Muffin tin
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray tin with nonstick spray.
- Cover bottom with a layer of vegetables. ( Feel free to add as many different veggies as you want on the bottom such as tomatoes, mushrooms or spinach)
- Sprinkle feta in a layer on top of veggies.
- Crack one egg into each tin.
- Season top with salt and pepper to taste and then bake for 12 to 15 minutes until desired yolk consistency. Again bake closer to 20 minutes for firmer yolks.