Low-Carb Crab Cakes
Tonight for our first ever Tuesday night Facebook cooking LIVE, Ben and I did his famous Low Carb crab cakes. These are so yummy! Here is the ingredient list!
12oz crabmeat 2 tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
2 tbsp finely diced green bell pepper 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley 1 tbsp minced onion 4 tbsp almond flour 2 eggs 1 1/2 tsp Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
6-8 tbsp olive oil for the pan
- Start by by making sure your crabmeat is extremely well drained. If there is too much liquid, they will not bind well. Fresh crabmeat is best over canned, because of the additives in the canned variety, but if that is all you have access to, it is fine as a last resort!
- Preheat a pan with 3 tbsp of drizzled olive oil to a medium heat. We set ours on about 6.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat well.
- Add the peppers, cajun seasoning, minced onion, and parsley and combine well with the eggs.
- Then add the crabmeat and mix well. Lastly, mix in the almond flour a little at a time until it is all combined well.
- Carefully form silver dollar pancake sized cakes and place them gently in the heated pan.
- Cook about 3 minutes on the first side until golden and then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to drain for a few seconds before serving.
THAT IS IT! DELISH!
Enjoy! To watch us cook these crab-cakes live, just click here!
Erin and Ben