Low-Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers
We made these delicious gems on our weekly cooking Facebook LIVE called “Let’s Get Cookin!” You can feed six people for literally less than $10!!! This is a great blend of protein and fiber and veggies for a perfect meal. We usually serve this with a nice salad!
Here are the ingredients!
6 Bell peppers 1 pound ground turkey 1 package frozen cauliflower rice 1/4 cup chopped onion 2 cloves minced garlic 1 teaspoon Tony’s Cajun seasoning 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice the tops from the peppers and remove the insides including the seeds.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet adding Tony’s, salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to season well since we are using turkey.
- In a bowl combine the cooked turkey, (do not drain) cauliflower rice, onion, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Divide mixture equally among the six peppers. Sprinkle additional Parmesan on top if desired!
- Place the baking dish in the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. Check for internal temperature of 165 degrees. Add time if necessary for softer peppers
Erin and Chef Ben